The San Marcos Promise is proud to offer up to eight concurrent Ambassador in the 2017 – 2018 academic year exclusively for current Promise Scholars. Selected Scholars will have the opportunity to earn up to $500 a semester learning alongside The San Marcos Promise staff to gain experience in the following fields:
- Communications (marketing, creative writing, social media, video production, graphic design)
- Non-Profit Management (board management, customer relations management)
- Business & Finance (accounting, development, investments, budgets, software)
- Student / Community Outreach (tutoring, mentoring, facilitation of school clubs, peer-to-peer outreach)
Schedules will be dependent on student availability and flexible with school and work. Scholars are expected to complete a minimum of 8 hours/week to receive full funding with the possibility of ambassadorship renewal.
Minimum Requirements for The San Marcos Promise Ambassador program:
- Complete online application prior to March 2, 2018
- Must be a 2018 -19 Promise scholarship recipient
- Unofficial transcript with minimum 2.5 GPA
- Personal statement (500 word or less)
- Three professional references (provide name, title, phone, email address)
- Complete Panel Interview (if selected)
Personal Statement Instructions:
Provide a personal statement discussing what sets you apart from other students. Assess what motivates you, what your professional plans and achievements are, and what, if any, adversities you have overcome. Be sure to discuss how this Experienceship will have a positive impact on your career goals. Adhere to standard grammar and writing rules. The statement should be no more than 500 words, double-spaced, and typed. Include your name in the upper right – hand corner and attach as part of your application package.
How to Apply: