What is the Future Center?
The goal of the Future Center is to increase the number of students continuing their education after high school by assisting students in discovering opportunities in careers that are sustainable and rewarding and to connect students and their families with the information and resources necessary to pursue post high school education.
The goal is to make careers and college relevant to all students by providing first hand career experiences that will allow students to make more informed decisions about their future. The TSMP Future Center establishes partnerships with local businesses for internships, job shadows and special guest presentations. By providing opportunities for students to engage in careers with local companies while gaining the necessary education to achieve employment, TSMP will provide a return on investment to North San Diego County’s workforce by preparing the next generation of workers.
The Future Center is located at the North County Regional Education Center (NCREC)
255 Pico Ave Suite 103
San Marcos, CA 92069
On Site Services
The Future Center is proud to offer one-on-one support for students that wish to identify potential career pathways, the necessary education needed to reach this career, and colleges or programs that offer this pathway. In addition, other services include:
- Providing job shadow experiences
- Bus tours to college campuses
- Personality and skills assessments to determine possible career paths
- Hosting informational programs on high school and post-secondary planning and preparation
- Summer activities, resources, and mentorship opportunities
Walk in services are offered for all SMUSD students and families who wish to utilize the Future Center. Walk-in services include:
- Use of computer lab including wi-fi and printing capabilities
- Facilitation of CCGI and Super Strong interest inventories
- After school homework center
- Tutoring in a variety of subject areas
- Mentoring and advisement
Services by Appointment
Services are available for students and families and offers one-on-one support.
College & Career Centers
The San Marcos Unified School District has traditionally provided guidance through our College & Career Centers located at Mission Hills and San Marcos High Schools. These centers have proved to be a great drop-in resource center for students interested in learning more about college and career choices. Our College & Career Centers currently assist students with the following:
- College Visits
- FAFSA Applications
- Palomar College Applications
- SAT/ACT Registration
- SAT/ACT Waivers
- CSU/UC College Applications
- Applying for Scholarships
- Assist students with