- Encourage your student to take a challenging high school curriculum.
(Consult with your guidance counselor)
- Help your student research a college that fits them.
- Familiarize yourself with the application process.
(Apply first semester senior year)
- Research your family’s eligibility for financial aid.
- Help your student investigate scholarship opportunities early.
(Start in the 9th grade)
- Understand specific costs associated with college.
- Fill out the FAFSA in January of your student’s senior year and every year thereafter that they are in college.