10 TIPS TO PREPARE FOR POST-SECONDARY EDUCATION
1. Take a challenging high school curriculum. (Consult with your guidance counselor)
2. Research a college that fits you.
3. Take appropriate tests
4. Familiarize yourself with the application process. (Apply first semester senior year)
5. Research your eligibility for financial aid.
6. Investigate scholarship opportunities early. (Start in the 9th grade)
7. Beware of scholarship scams!
8. Understand specific costs associated with college.
9. Fill out the FAFSA in January of your senior year and every year thereafter that you are in college.
10. Investigate student and parent loans.