Coming soon to each of our high school campuses, our Future Centers will offer a variety of services for SMUSD students and families. Future Centers will be designed to increase the number of students continuing their education after high school by assisting them in discovering opportunities in careers and connecting them with resources, both on campus and in the community, necessary to pursue post high school education.
PREPARING STUDENTS FOR COLLEGE, CAREER & JOB READINESS
At the Future Centers
The Future Centers will provide a focal point at each high school where students and their families have immediate access to post high school preparation and planning resources. The goal is to make college and careers relevant to all students by providing first hand career experiences in order to help them make better informed decisions about their future. Office hours will be scheduled so that students and their families can access these services both during and outside of the regular school day.
By providing opportunities for students to engage in careers with local companies while gaining the necessary education to achieve employment, TSMP will provide a return on investment to North San Diego County’s workforce by preparing the next generation of workers.
- STRONG Inventory assessment and interpretation workshops
- Future & You Initiative “FYI” (Career & Job Readiness Program)
- Resume support & review workshops
- Interview preparation & workshops
- Job shadow & Experienship placement assistance
- College application assistance
- Financial Aid/Scholarship assistance
- Various career speakers and workshops throughout the year